17 October 2012

Boarding Houses Bill 2012 introduced in the lower house of NSW Parliament

Yesterday in the lower house of the New South Wales Parliament, the Boarding Houses Bill 2012 was introduced. 

Previously I discussed serious issues I had that could potentially affect veterans living in boarding houses in the Exposure Draft bill here and here.  Since my original blog posts I had meetings with state lawmakers and senior government lawyers, to include the bill's proponent, Minister Andrew Constance, MP who is the NSW Minister for Disability Services.

The introduced bill, I am happy to report, has addressed my earlier concerns on unintended consequences to disabled veterans and privacy issues.  This introduced bill is a good bill.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Minister Constance and his chief of staff for looking at the issues I raised and addressing them in the introduced bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment